Last updated: July 27, 2021
Revive Research Institute, Inc. is committed to handling personal information (including health and other sensitive information) in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We also comply with the ICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) with respect to the use, protection, and security of health information collected, as well as guidelines issued by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in respect of health information that may be accessed in the conduct of research.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words in which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in the plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Revive Research Institute, Inc.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Revive Research Institute, accessible from https://www.Reviveresearch.org/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
Revive Research Institute Inc. is a clinical research organization (“CRO”) that provides services to support the clinical trials and medical research studies of Sponsors. Depending on the CRO services Revive Research Institute is providing to a Sponsor we process personal data relating to study participants on behalf of our Sponsors and in accordance with contracts with and instructions from the Sponsor. Revive Research Institute may also, to the extent necessary, process personal data relating to study participants’ spouses, partners, caregivers, and relatives if they are involved in the participants’ participation in a study e.g. parents involved in decision making of child participants or spouses involved in the care of an incapacitated participant.
The purposes for which study participant personal data will be used by Sponsors and Revive Research Institute will depend on the nature of the Sponsor’s study and will be addressed in study specific documentation and in particular in study participant consent documentation that is reviewed prior to participation in a study. As such, study participants should look to that documentation to understand how their personal data is processed in relation to a study. To provide a general overview, personal data will typically be processed for the purposes of assessing eligibility to participate in a study, administering the study, monitoring the study, analyzing data to assess the overall safety and effectiveness of the therapy that is the subject of the study, and drawing conclusions regarding the effectiveness and viability of the therapy that is the subject of the study.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or another sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your Consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Participants in Revive Research Institute Patient Databases
Certain Revive Research Institute services involve the development and maintenance of databases of persons who may be eligible to and may wish to participate in clinical trials and medical research studies (“Patient Recruitment Databases”) managed by Sponsors. Once a person is recorded in Revive Research Institute’s Patient Recruitment Databases, Revive Research Institute may contact them for further screening and potentially refer them to potentially suitable clinical trials or research studies matched to their areas of medical interest.
In order to match such persons’ entered into Patient Recruitment Databases to appropriate clinical trials or research studies Revive Research Institute will, on a need to know basis, request, collect, and process suitable personal data on the basis of the person’s explicit consent, such as names, addresses and contact information, which may be collected on voice recordings, as well as sensitive personal information.
Examples of sensitive personal data we collect include:
- Healthcare information e.g. height and weight, physical and mental health or conditions, medical records, disabilities
- Race and ethnicity information
- Areas of interest in medical research
- Genetic data.
Your personal information may be collected through either volunteering it through one of our Websites or in the context of a live interview or screening telephone calls or meetings with Revive Research Institute representatives. Please be aware that by providing your personal information you consent to a member of our team contacting you directly by way of following up with you, including contacting you directly by telephone or other means, including SMS text messages, and adding your personal information to our Patient Recruitment Databases.
In this context, Revive Research Institute is the controller of personal data.
As discussed earlier, the main purpose of collecting personal data in Patient Recruitment Data Bases is to match patients to suitable clinical trials and research projects based on the individuals’ areas of medical interest. For example, if an individual with atopic dermatitis expresses a desire to participate in clinical research or avail of novel treatments for atopic dermatitis or associated symptoms:
- they may volunteer their contact information and relevant health information to Revive Research Institute for inclusion in a Patient Recruitment Database
- a Revive Research Institute client or Sponsor who is developing novel treatments for atopic dermatitis or symptoms may engage Revive Research Institute to help refer interested potential patients who are willing to try an experimental treatment in a controlled clinical trial environment
- if the Revive Research Institute client’s or Sponsor’s clinical trial eligibility criteria align with the individual’s information stored in our Patient Recruitment Database and it is being conducted within their geographical reach, we can contact the individual and refer them to a suitable clinic where medical screening of potential clinical trial participants is being performed. Please be aware the screening process is generally done face-to-face and will require you to supply additional personal information to us and/or the parties managing the study and separate privacy terms may apply to additional personal information collected at that stage.
Revive Research Institute may use your Personal Information to respond to subsequent requests you may make of us, and from time to time, we may refer to your personal information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products, and services on the basis of our legitimate interests in doing so. We may enhance or merge your personal information with data obtained from third parties for the same purposes. Any other information transferred by you which cannot be used to identify you (and which, therefore, does not constitute personal information) may be included in databases owned and maintained by Revive Research Institute or its agents worldwide. Revive Research Institute may also use anonymized personal data to run general statistical analysis in support of patient recruitment and similar analytical purposes.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
To operate as a business it may be necessary to process and transfer personal information within Revive Research Institute businesses and with agents, contractors, or partners of Revive Research Institute in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for, or with, Revive Research Institute.
These agents, contractors, or partners are restricted from using this information in any way other than to provide services for Revive Research Institute, or services for the collaboration in which they and Revive Research Institute are engaged. Revive Research Institute may, for example, provide your information to agents, contractors, or partners for hosting our databases, for data processing services, or so that they can send you information that you requested.
Regardless of whether the transfer is within the Revive Research Institute group or to a third party, Revive Research Institute will apply appropriate safeguards to such transfers as required by applicable law.
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Personal Data Rights
You have certain rights in respect of the personal data that Revive Research Institute holds about you. Subject to certain exemptions and local law, these rights may include the following:
- Right to withdraw consent – if we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent to that processing at any time (see contact details section). However, the withdrawal of your consent will not invalidate any processing we carried out prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
- The right of access to your personal data – you can request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you and complete any personal data where this is incomplete.
- Right to erase your personal data (right to be forgotten) – You have the right to be forgotten in certain circumstances including, for example, where the personal data are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected. However, this right does not apply where, for example, the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data – You have the right to ask us to restrict certain processing activities in some circumstances, including, for example, where the accuracy of the data in question is contested. Where processing has been restricted, we can only process it for limited purposes such as for example, the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- The right of data portability – You have the right to have your data returned to you or to a third party in certain cases.
- The right to object – You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain cases. In such a case we will stop processing your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override your interest.
To exercise any of the above rights, please notify us at the address provided at the end of the Privacy of Policy. We may request proof of identification to verify your identity. Where Revive Research Institute is the relevant data controller, we will carefully assess your request and, subject to applicable laws and exceptions, will respond within the relevant legal time limits.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please Contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
If you have any questions or comments, or if you have a concern about the way in which we have handled any privacy matter, please call us at 248-564-1485 or drop us a message on our Contact Us Page.
You may also contact us by postal mail or email at:
Revive Research Institute, Inc.
28270 Franklin Road, Suite F Southfield,
MI 48034, Michigan, USA