The Clinical Research Medical Assistant, under the guidance and supervision of the Clinical Research Coordinator and Principal Investigator (PI), ensures the integrity and quality of clinical trials are maintained and conducted in accordance w/ federal, state, and local regulations, Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals, and other policies, and procedures. This position is primarily responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information for study patients according to protocols, and for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of research participants.
- Lab Processing, handling & shipping
- Ensuring compliance with research protocols by reviewing all protocol requirements to confirm implementation of appropriate methods, practices, and procedures for all clinical
- Participating in recruitment and selection of study participants by interviewing and documenting medical history to determine compliance with eligibility
- Performing Clinical assessments including, but not limited to, vital sign EKGs & Venipuncture.
- Administering study medications and performing patient assessment during study visits to determine presence of side effects to medication; notifies principal investigator of findings/issues.
- Providing patient education and medical information to study patients to ensure understanding of proper medication dosage, administration, and disease
- Documenting medical data in subject chart to ensure availability of timely records for decision
- Phlebotomy Experience REQUIRED
- Valid MA license from the State of Texas (Preferred)
- Minimum of a high school diploma required
- Two (2) years of recent clinical experience in a hospital, clinic, or similar health care setting. (Preferred)
- One (1) year clinical research experience (Preferred)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel, electronic health systems and databases used in research environment, or willingness to learn and demonstrate proficiency within three months of hire
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks w/ time deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, organized, detail oriented and tenacious in follow-through.
- Possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Prioritization and organizational
- Proficient in medical terminology
- Problem-solving mindset
- Clinical competency skills per scope of practice (i.e., performing vital signs, clinical assessments, performing ECG/EKG, giving injections, etc.)
- Knowledge of GCP, federal, state, and local regulations, including HIPAA policies
- CPR-certification preferred
Full-time position – 40 hours. Workdays: Monday through Friday, Hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Along with competitive base salary, there is potential for performance-based rewards. Committed to work/life balance, Revival Research Institute, LLC is invested in our staffs personal development and offer a number of opportunities for growth. If this position is of interest to you, we here at Revival Research would love to see your resume.
|Job Category||Clinical Research|